Ahhh, the fall season. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think of autumn? We don’t know about you but we can imagine beautiful colors, pumpkins and pumpkin-flavored treats, nice cool air, a bunch of cozy sweaters. And also all the leaves that you have to remove from your lawn. Whoops! Those leaves are probably one of the reasons why people choose to go on vacation during the fall.
Other factors that make autumn a popular season for vacations are lower travel prices, access to seasonal, food, and various outdoor activities like festivals and Halloween celebrations. And for you, vacation rental owner reading this right now, this is a business opportunity you should capitalize on! With 28 percent of Americans going on vacation this season, you should be going all out in attracting customers to your vacation home. Don’t leave money on the table!
Of course, you might have no idea where to start when it comes to enticing tenants. Well, on our part, what we know is interior design, specifically how to design vacation rentals. If you upgrade or decorate your property in a nice way and take photos that you can post to attract customers, we guarantee you’re going to get a lot of inquiries.
Read on for our professional tips for making your vacation rental properties stand out and get messages and calls from excited customers!
Big major upgrade: Use the fall colors!
The first thing you can do if you’re thinking of a vacation rental interior design is to fit the design to the season.
So think about it: what’s the most obvious thing you can do to relate your rental to fall?
Use the colors of the season! You’ll see a lot of them during autumn like rust, orange, green, and gold. So start thinking of pieces you can utilize.
Another upgrade idea: Halloween!
We know Halloween is just one day, but hey, if you want to get in the spirit of the celebration, you can also buy not just Halloween decor, but also pieces that are in theme. You can check out our shop for example. There are owl figurines, fun pumpkin figurines, and pillow cases. You don’t need to buy those cheesy decors to get in the spirit of Halloween.
What specific upgrades can you do in terms of interior decoration?
Now, what specific pieces can you utilize for your space, especially if you want tenants to feel that a bunch of interior designers from Spring, TX, got their hands on your property? Well, here are a few ideas for each part of your property.
On The Dinner Table
- You can add a centerpiece. Get a rustic basket with leaves, acorns, apples, and pine cones. And if you still want to push the Halloween narrative, maybe a few pumpkins as well.
- Another centerpiece idea can be orange or gold candles or flower arrangements.
- Look for a table runner that fits the fall theme. Let the centerpiece be the main thing everyone will look at, and then let the table runner be the lead into the centerpiece.
- Table runners and centerpieces don’t have to be just on the dinner table. If you have smaller ones like coffee tables, you can put centerpieces and table runners on them as well.
- You don’t need to decorate the windows a lot, especially if you want visitors to have a nice view. Just add fall-themed curtains or decor like drapes, and you’re good to go.
- Mantles are long and quite narrow, so you might find yourself having a hard time filling up the space. But don’t worry – all you need are maybe some branches, candles, and again, leaves and pumpkins and you’ll be able to capture the fall feels!
- You can also add candles that are pumpkin spice-scented.
- If you want to further accentuate your mantle, put some tall picture frames.
Chairs and Sofas
- You don’t have to change your entire furniture set to match the fall theme. Just get throw blankets to warm them up. You’ll be all set.
- Of course, accent pillows won’t hurt. Check out our shop for accent pillow ideas for autumn.
- The porch is one of the first things your guests will see when they set foot on your property. Why not put up a welcome sign that’s in theme? Maybe a wheelbarrow or a wagon with leaves or fall produce?
- On your front door, hang a leafy wreath that doesn’t look Christmas-y. Maybe something with faded branches and autumn-colored leaves.
- Since kitchens are already cluttered with cabinets, appliances, and so on, you don’t want to go too wild in decorating them. We suggest, for example, adding fall-themed dishcloths or towels.
- For kitchen windows, do the same treatment with windows: don’t go too wild. Maybe a few flowers or leaves can do the trick.
- If you have an island, that’s another good spot for adding centerpieces. But make sure it won’t interfere with cooking or food preparation. Decorations are best if they’re both beautiful and functional.
- Replace your usual soap with pumpkin-scented soaps, whether for washing dishes or for washing hands. It’s a good way to put the fall spice aroma in the kitchen!
The Bathroom Or Powder Room
- Sure, it’s just for freshening up, but hey, if you’re going to get in theme, might as well do it with all the parts of the house, right? But don’t worry – as with the kitchen, you don’t need to go all out here. Just add towels that are fall-themed or fall-scented candles, and just add small pumpkins or fall flowers.
The Walls And Other Places
- Don’t leave walls bare! Look for seasonal wall art, like paintings that have orange and brown.
- You can also make your own seasonal decor using leaves and books. Make sure the leaves are dry, get a stack of books, then place the leaves all over them for a nice, autumn feel.
Need a vacation rental designer to make your property stand out?
We hope these ideas helped you decide what to put on your property. We’re rooting for you to get a bunch of inquiries and rentals this season!
But if you feel like you still need the expertise of a vacation rental interior designer from Texas, then we’re here to tell you not to look far. JDuce Design is the interior decorator in Spring, Texas, that you need!
We have over 15 years of experience handling designs for residential, commercial, staging, and hospitality clients. And we don’t do the same thing every time!
Our head, Jessice Duce, personally believes that the projects should reflect what our clients want, so that’s the direction we’ll always go for. We just make sure to bring a unique mix of our expertise to every project.
JDuce Design also caters to clients of various styles, budgets, and needs. So whatever you need or want, we can definitely help you!
Contact us today and let’s get started on making your vacation rental stand out. We look forward to hearing from you!